Post Show Report Mir Stekla 2018
The 20th International Exhibition for Glass Products, Manufacturing, Processing and Finishing Technology
Mir Stekla 2018 is Russia’s leading trade show of achievements in the global and Russian glass industry. In this anniversary year Mir Stekla has confirmed its status as the main business platform of the Russian glass industry and showed its key development trends. An important event of the Mir Stekla 2018 opening ceremony was declaration of partnership between Expocentre and the Russian Glass Union. During the trade show representatives of construction companies have managed to establish direct contacts with glass manufacturers from many regions of Russia and other countries, held talks, and expressed their wishes. The exhibition team and President of the Russian Union of Glass Container Manufacturers Elena Emelyanova have agreed to collaborate in 2019.
Dates: 28-31 May 2018
Venue: Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow
Organized by Expocentre AO
Supported by Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
Auspices of Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Logos: UFI, RUEF
Exhibition area: 11,530 sq m
Exhibitors: 207 companies (20 newcomers)
Foreign exhibitors (126) included Glaston, MSC&SGCC, TIAMA, Grenzebach Maschinenbau GmbH, Hegla GmbH, RHI Glass GmbH, Bystronic Glass, Heye International GmbH, Horn Glass Industries AG, Emhart Glass, Bottero S.P.A., BDF Industries S.P.A., Pneumofore, Mountain Glass Technology Co., LTD., Landglass Technology Co. LTD., Lahti Precision, Sklostroj Turnov CZ s.r.o., Saint Gobain Sefpro, Omco Croatia, Motim Kadko KFT, Stara Glass S.P.A., Hartmann & Bender Vertriebs & Produktionsgesellschaft, Henry F. Teichmann, Inc, Domanovo Production and Trade Plant, etc.
Russian exhibitors (81) included KAMI Association, Yta, Adem, Caspian Flat Glass, Karat, Ferro Special Materials, Pikalevo Soda, Simvol Factory, Vremena Goda, Zenon Sign Supply, Steklocentr, Intmarket, Stanki Mira, Steklopack, Saratov Glass Institute, Steklo-Gaz, Sky Technology, Komandor Trade House, MDM-Techno, Osborn Rus, Palina Coatings, etc.
Visitor attendances: 7,500
Types of products on display: technology for glass production, machinery, equipment and tools for manufacturing of a wide range of glass products, solutions for glass manufacturing, storage, transportation, and processing, art and decorative glass, stained glass, testing and measuring equipment, software, R&D plus many others. The new product sector will be devoted to transparent and translucent materials in agriculture.
- The Novelties section featured companies which showed their products such as multipurpose handing, grinding, beveling, marking, and cutting tables; linear flat glass edger; equipment for production of double-glazed windows made of Italian component parts; a new type of glass washing and drying system XHQ-T2500; decorative jade glass; system for visualizing of IR image and measuring of temperature of glass surface with low emitting power; industrial stationary IR camera for measuring high temperature of supernatant liquids, drippings, running stream plus many others. To learn more on participants’ novelties click here.
- The Employment Centre participants had a unique opportunity to place their resumes, get acquainted with resumes of visitors, find the necessary specialists for just four days, and get professional advice on the labour market.
- The Expocentre for Counterfeit-Free Exhibitions Project, aimed to minimize counterfeit products showcased at exhibitions and illegal copying of exhibited products, was carried out.
- The International Conference on Translucent Structures. Windows. Facades organized by the Russian Union of Designers, the Russian Union of Builders, the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Committee on Entrepreneurship in the Construction Sector, supported by the Russian Ministry of Construction Industry, Housing and Utilities Sector, the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Russian State Duma relevant committee, and the Russian Academy of Architecture and Construction Sciences. The participants discussed the most important issues such as improvement of technical legislation, lowering of regulation barriers, establishing of governance of the glass industry, collaboration of glass making companies with builders, designers, architects and companies from related sectors, introduction of innovative technologies and technology solutions, etc.
- The 16th Forum of Directors "Furniture as Business" organized by Imperia Congress and Exhibition Company; General partner – Expocentre AO. The event brought together more than 150 participants, delegates, speakers, visitors, and members of industry associations. The Forum participants were representatives of Russian furniture companies, dealers, retail chains, and furniture salons from 27 cities of Russia, the CIS and Asia. The participating companies were ZETTA, Anons, Marya, IMPERIAL, Infiniti, Mebelson, PuntoDesign, Relax, SOFASSPACE, Stilliano, UVAU, Angstrem, Anta Trade and Production Company, Armos-Blok, ASM Mebel, Baltika Mebel, Galereya M, E-D Group, Imperia Mebeli Managing Company, Piramida, Ramart, Wes Mir, and over 100 furniture companies from Russia and the CIS.
- The 2nd Russian Conference "Magic of Glass 2018" organized by Imperia Congress and Exhibition Company ran on the first day of the Forum. The participants discussed the most relevant trends in glass production for furniture companies, technologies and ways to reduce costs when using glass components in the furniture business. The event brought together more than 150 people both representatives of the furniture business and glass companies: suppliers of glass, equipment, technology, and services.
- Marketing Analysis of the Russian Glass Industry organized by VVS. The participants received the necessary information on the volume of production of flat glass and glass containers in Russia; analysis of export and import of flat glass and glass containers; trends in glass consumption in Russia, market development forecast and promising sectors of the Russian glass market.
- Tiama, Heye International GmbH, Yta and Stanki Mira were awarded with honorary certificates for long-standing participation in Mir Stekla.
- Italian manufacturers and suppliers of machinery, equipment and special products for glass processing GIMAV, the only Russian manufacturer of equipment for glass processing at Mir Stekla 2018 KARAT, and Italian company specialized in design and installation of glass furnaces STARA GLASS were awarded with special souvenirs.
- Bottero S.P.A. from Italy presented by its exclusive representative Ritservice was awarded with a certificate for winning in the Exhibition Debut category
“Over the years the Mir Stekla international exhibition has been the main platform to showcase glass products and network. Expocentre and the Russian Glass Union have reached an agreement on partnership at Mir Stekla 2019. I am positive it will contribute to extension and strengthening of our relations as well as the development of the industry as a whole.
“Over the past twenty years the technology for production of glass and glass products has made a long way. It would be fair to say that most of the innovations in the construction industry is concentrated in the field of glazing. It is necessary to establish a dialogue with partners, suppliers of raw materials and equipment manufacturers, scientific community and government authorities, take into account legal nuances and external economic factors as well as the trends which influence our industry.”
Nikolay Chuplygin, Chairman of the Presidium, Russian Glass Union
“The Mir Stekla international exhibition, that enjoys the reputation of Russia's largest show in the glass industry, promotes advanced technologies and equipment to the Russian market. They are necessary to develop the Russian competitive production based on modern technology solutions.”
Dmitry Kurochkin, Vice President, Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
“The products and technology showcased at the Mir Stekla exhibition enable to bring together everybody who uses glass in their work i.e., builders, architects and designers under one roof. For them the trade show is the place where colleagues share their experience and the latest achievements.”
Viktor Novoselov, President, Russian Union of Designers
“Glass along with polymer films and honeycomb polycarbonates is essential for construction of greenhouses. That’s why it is difficult to overestimate such major glass show of Russia and Eastern Europe as Mir Stekla for greenhouse building. New ideas, technology solutions and experience gained at the trade show will undoubtedly contribute to the development of the industry.”
Natalia Rogova, Director General, Greenhouses of Russia Association
“Mir Stekla and the International Conference on Translucent Structures. Windows. Facades allow not only to reveal the contents of promising architectural and construction, engineering, and technology solutions but, first of all, to point out new ways for strengthening collaboration between glass makers, manufacturers of translucent structures and builders, designers, architects, government authorities, associations, Russian and foreign experts who develop industrial policy in the construction industry.”
Efim Basin, Chairman of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Committee on Entrepreneurship in the Construction Sector
The next 21st Mir Stekla international exhibition will run on 2-5 April 2019 at Expocentre Fairgrounds.
Expocentre Press Service
The use of promotional materials of the exhibition is possible only with the consent of the Expocentre